The Sootscale Base
-The group lives among the kobolds for a week, preparing for the final battle of the holy kobold war.
- Nylrah and Elyelah talk to the troops and kobolds around the camp, learn of a power struggle between the tribal and religious leaders, Sootscale and Tartuk.
-The group comes to the conclusion that getting the statue back is necessary, what to do with it afterwards is to be determined.
The plan for the battle is in 4 parts.
-Skragger leads the kobold monitor lizard cavalry and is the main frontline leadership, able to respond quickly to any events on the battlefield from Marauder. Both cavalier and steed eager to test their years of training in a real battle.
-Sword Scion Tobias oversees the main kobold infantry, ready to show the power of a Sword Scion of Restov, rides alongside Skragger to respond quickly to battlefield emergencies.
-Harlowe oversees and maintains the kobold siege engines, three catapults of his own design, he will make sure they are seen as the main threat to the mites’ fortress.
-Elyelah and Nylrah will lead the tactical strike team with three objectives: get back the statue, eliminate the mite leadership, set the fortress ablaze from the inside.
A hand picked squad of kobolds, the most elite, accompanies the team
- Krillin; a kobold monk and one of the best-trained fighters among the tribe, although exiled for years (due to Tartuk’s religious movement) he has answered the call to fight for his people as champion of their ancient and abandoned ways.
- Kabbage and Patches; a set of twin kobold alchemists, mad bombers with a vicious hate of the mites dwarfed only by their love of explosions.
- Kane the shield bearer; the finest armorer of all the kobolds, covered in the ancestral armor of his people’s lost art, he is an impenetrable wall and the most stalwart defender of the tribe.
-Krillin and Kabbage accompany Skragger and Tobias in the charge atop Marauder
- Kane and Patches form the rest of the tactical squad of Nylrah and Elyelah’s
War comes to the Greenbelt
- Skragger along with the kobold calavry slowy approach the dead ancient tree of the mites in the early fog filled morning, avoiding the hidden traps of the enemies perimeter.
-The sounds of hoofbeats, monitor lizards, and kobold warcries rise to a cacophony as the charge crashes into a startled mite defense line.
- The alarm sounds and the elder hulking tree seems to explode with activity, a wave of sickening blue mites spills from it’s base of partially exposed roots and 10ft – 20ft centipedes burst for the ground to meet the kobold forces.
- The mites outnumber the kobolds 10 to 1
[To be continued when I have more spare time to finish the recap]